Thursday, July 26, 2012

Our Life Lately

I just wanted to pop in to let you all know that we are still alive and well. We have just been living very transiently (I'm pretty sure that's a real word) lately due to some hiccups in the townhouse kitchen renovations. By hiccups, I mean black mold that had started who knows how long ago underneath the leaky dishwasher and spread about two feet in all directions. Needless to say, it's been frustrating and is taking longer than we expected to fix it but there is light at the end of the tunnel and presumably it will be fixed before Little Will gets here. Any nesting I may have done in the past few weeks has been put on the back burner (which is currently in the middle of our living room amongst all of the other kitchen and dining room furniture and furnishings). In some ways it has been a good thing since the floor could have ended up collapsing if the rotting continued so there's a peace of mind that comes with knowing it's being done right this time.

In other news, since I last wrote I have gained another nephew (the first of three new nephews this summer). Kara and Aaron welcomed Christian Clark to their family on July 3rd while the rest of the family was basking in the Sandbridge beach sun. He is adorable and the family is doing well. I forgot to bring my camera on our trip (pregnancy brain) so I don't have many pictures of the trip, I need to steal some from the more responsible members of the family who weren't so ill prepared. But here is one I do have of the last night we were there. Matt and I went to dinner at Red Robin with Jeff, Dana, and Rhys Zundel, great food and great company, what more could one ask for?


As for how the pregnancy is going, I can't complain too much, Will and me are both healthy so that's the important part. I can no longer bend over and he's still moving like crazy and of course there's the never ending indigestion and acid reflux that I've had my whole pregnancy. Here is the most recent belly shot that I've taken. I was 35 weeks here and will be 37 weeks on Sunday.


At my last OB appointment I got checked and was 30% effaced and 1 cm dilated. I have another appointment tomorrow so we will see if I've made and more progress. Not that it really means anything. People who have made no progress go into labor and have a baby 12 hours later so I'm not holding out hope that this means he's coming soon. Besides, it's still kind of terrifying to think that I will be taking care of another human soon. And be totally clueless doing so.

3 comments:

  1. woah!!! why did I think you were due in December? When is your due date?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thankfully my gestation is not 12 months long. I'm due August 19th, so he'll probably decide to show up fashionably late. How are you?!

      Delete
  2. Finally you look pregnant!! HA! So cute Ash, I'm so excited for you! Little Will, I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete