Monday, August 1, 2011

The Pilot Post



So I've decided to continue blogging due to popular demand. Also, since summer is ending, I won't be as busy (read: my husband will be starting dental school so I will basically never see him.). It's not that I didn't want to blog or had nothing to blog about, it's just that since Matt and my time together this summer was finite and dental school was looming, it just took abackseat. I know there is over three months of material to cover since my last post in Road to Marriage, but I will do my best to try and update on the things that have happened this summer.

Being married is honestly the best. Especially considering our whole relationship was long distance. Being in the same place is a novelty that I try not to take for granted. Before we got married, most people told us how much we would love being married, and few told us that marriage was hard. I am of the same opinion of the former. *Disclaimer: I do understand that there are marriages that are difficult due to one or the other spouse being a difficult personality or selfish, etc., however, I feel that in most cases it's not the marriage that is difficult, but sometimes difficult things happen. Getting off my soapbox now. Basically, what I'm saying is marriage is great! I'm pretty sure we are still in that disgustingly in love phase... if it is a phase.

Our wedding was beautiful, I couldn't have asked for anything more.

It went by in such a whirl, like they usually do, but the best part was the sealing and knowing that we are sealed together by the holy priesthood of God. What a blessing it is to have temples and the knowledge of the truth.

The day was absolutely gorgeous. It was a miracle that the weather was as great as it was. The end of April is always such a toss up in Oregon. It was wonderful to have our family there with us. Being able to share that experience with them was such a blessing. Here are a few of my favorite shots from the day.








Of course there are many other photos that I love, particularly ones from the reception. But I've probably used up even the most patient person's attention so I will end this post. But stay tuned, because I have taken some photos of our new apartment that I am going to post soon. Just be forewarned, the picture quality isn't great. My camera isn't what it used to be since technology keeps advancing and stuff. Anyway, cheers!

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you started blogging again :) I will add you to my blog that way I can keep track of ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I loved the Pilot Post. So glad that you're back in the blogosphere. I can't wait to see pictures of the new apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so cute! Glad that you are having such a wonderful time! It's fun seeing what you've been up to... keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not surprised that marriage is treating you well, and I'm so glad it is! Also, I'm so glad you're blogging, because I'm definitely going to miss seeing you this fall. Your wedding was stunning and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy for you and excited for your new life! Congrats! Oh and I love your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay!! I am excited to hear more about how life is going for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete