Friday, September 23, 2011

Autumn Love

I have to admit, I'm a total sucker for the fall. I love the change in the air, the rain, the leaves, and the yummy food. I remember the anticipation and excitement I felt as a kid at the beginning of the school year. There was just something about the new clothes, the new school supplies, and the start of a new year. Maybe my affinity for autumn comes from the fact that I was a September baby, so I have tree sap for blood (I am from Oregon after all). I am greatly anticipating my first east coast autumn- the first of many. I am so excited to watch the fall colors burst from the green of summer.

I am a week away from my birthday. I will be 24 and I can hardly believe it. I know that this year's birthday will be so different from last year. I spent my last birthday working on projects on campus all day long, and came home for about 20 minutes that evening since my roommates had made me a cake. After which I went back up to the school. Yeah, it was pretty thrilling. If someone had told me last year on that day that a year from now I would be celebrating my birthday with a husband (and his parents) I don't think I would have believed them. As it is, I'm so grateful I would have been wrong. There could be no better gift than celebrating with the love of my life. Not only will it be my birthday that day, but also the 5-month anniversary of our wedding. I love being married, but more than that I love being married to Matt. It never seems possible, but I love him more every day. He is so sweet and thoughtful, it's hard to believe he would want anything to do with me.

Matt has been busy with school, but he always makes sure that he takes time to spend with me. Despite his busy schedule, I will still discover the dishwasher unloaded in the morning after getting home from taking him to school. I hope he knows how much it means to me than he so willingly does the little things to help me out. And so often without me even asking or mentioning that he do it. It's still hard for me to believe that I'm so incredibly blessed.

Serving in Junior Primary has been a pleasure so far. There are times when I wonder if anything I'm doing is getting through, but I think the kids like me and I sure think they're cute so it's a pretty good fit. They seem to enjoy the activities we have been doing to review the songs for the primary program and I'm hoping some of it is sticking in their little sponge brains. One of which was a game called "Sing Like a..." in which a kid is called to the front and chooses a circle that on the other side has a picture and what they are to sing like. For example, a robot, a baby, a girl, an old man, etc.

I made them with the help of my printer and new handy-dandy laminator. Oh, and scissors. Sorry the picture isn't that great. But you get the idea. My camera is not that great and so I use the camera on my phone which is better than my regular camera but still leaves much to be desired. Maybe someday I will remedy that situation and then learn how to properly use it. Someday.


I will send you off with a beautiful autumn scene. Sigh-worthy, no?

Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. Ash, it sounds like you are doing great. I loved reading this post. I too am serving in the junior primary and loved your singing game :) I'm so happy that marriage is treating you well. Isn't it great?! Miss you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a fall sucker too! I have a fall scene picture on my desktop and phone haha. It's totally because of our bdays! I hope you have a great birthday and keep up the awesome work in primary! Well have to call and have a chat again soon I loved talking! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whittlee, I absolutely love being married! I miss you, too. What are you up to now you graduate, you? Are you chorister in junior primary?

    Shelby, I definitely think our affinity comes from our birthdays. I saw your blog posts and seeing you all preggers made me so excited for you guys. By the way, I love the name Adam. It's my dad and Brad's middle name, so good choice!

    ReplyDelete