Monday, March 26, 2012

Spring Break and Impending Gender Discovery

So it's been a few weeks, but after being gone for a week it kind of threw off my flow. Not that I'm very consistent at blogging but I don't want to leave anyone in the lurch (since I know you all are on the edge of your seat to hear about my life).

We had a wonderful spring break filled with sand, sun, and lots of food. Isn't eating what cruises are for? That and having the waves lull you to sleep at night? We went with Matt's parents and it was so much fun. My favorite parts were sleeping so soundly, not having to think about what to feed myself (seriously, it's exhausting to have to think of and then fix something to eat so frequently), spending time with Bill and Karen, and most of all, being able to spend so much time with Matt without school constantly looming over our heads. Here are a few pictures of our trip.

Karen and Bill - Dinner the first night

Matt and me- Dinner the first night

Formal night

Formal night

We had no idea the salad would be this big! I think it could have fed a small country.

Beach in Nassau, Bahamas

Shaved Ice- It was delicious

Second formal night

Second formal night

Dinner at David's Steakhouse

Dinner at David's Steakhouse

Now that's what I call Cheesecake!
So that was some highlights of the cruise. I recommend going on one if you haven't, and if you have. Now on to pregnancy news. I'm 19 weeks, so I'm nearing the halfway point. I'm starting to feel pregnant in a "I am feeling really fat" kind of way. I also think I'm carrying low because I'm just now starting to show. Since I'm naturally curvy, I think that  made it take longer for me to start showing, that and it's my first pregnancy. My sister, Carrie, who is pregnant with her fifth said that after the first, your abs tend to give up trying to pretend you're not pregnant, no matter how thin you were to begin with. I think being 5'-9" also helps. Here's a picture I took today:

I think I have felt the baby move a couple times. It was like a couple little thumps in my belly, but it was so soft it was practically unrecognizable. I'm also experiencing serious desires to nest and start buying things for the baby's room. I've only bought a couple things, but soon it will be much easier to plan because on Wednesday morning....

WE FIND OUT THE BABY'S GENDER!!!!

Can you tell we're excited? I don't think I have ever seen Matt so excited (except maybe before we got married). He's seriously like a kid in a candy store. Earlier this evening he was looking at VCU and BYU infant merchandise. Often he'll get this look of unadulterated joy and excitement on his face and remind me that we are finding out so soon (as if I could forget). I can honestly say we will be equally thrilled no matter what the gender is. Matt is convinced it's a girl. I have absolutely no idea. Whenever he asks me what I think the baby is, I just tell him that I'm pretty sure it's human. If not, there will be some serious confusion.

Do any of my faithful followers have premonitions or hunches as to what the gender will be? We will certainly keep you posted!

4 comments:

  1. That cruise looks seriously fun!! Josh and I have never been on one and that is definitely something we want to do in the next couple years. You also look so tiny still and I can't wait to hear what you guys are having!! I will be checking your blog on Wed. for sure :) So excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashley! I haven't seen or heard anything about you in forever, and I had no idea you guys were having a baby! I'm sure you've heard it 5 billion times, but really, congratulations! Being a mommy is the best thing in the entire world, and watching the man you love become a daddy is seriously amazing ;) I hope you have so much fun planning for baby over the next few months!

    ps- you are so stinking thin! way to go glamorous prego mommy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt really has me convinced it is a girl but there is part of me that thinks he is wrong. You look fantastic, btw. Can't wait for tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once Baby Stringham arrives, I'm really going to have to change my blog name! I seriously need to change it now:)

    ReplyDelete